The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a complete new system from Co2Art and as soon as I go to test it for the first time it has a leak. Has anyone experienced this before? The leaks are coming from the places with the red arrows in the picture. I have tightened everything and it still leaks. It emptied out an entire tank in 3 minutes!

I need help!

Any advice welcomed. I'd prefer not to have to order a new one, especially since I haven't been able to use this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How tight did you tighten? NPT threads need to be tightened at least one turn past hand tight.
I used a pair of pliers and cranked it, definitely more than one turn. But the main leak is coming from the other arrow not really the paintball tank adaptor. That is tightened by a hex screw and i disassembled it and added teflon tape.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Call or email CO2Art and usually they will send you a new one asap. Their Customer Service is great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Call or email CO2Art and usually they will send you a new one asap. Their Customer Service is great.
I've been emailing but because of the different time zones I can only get 1 email a day. And the call will cost a lot since its long distance. I will try their Skype.

·
Banned
3,261 Posts
I used a pair of pliers and cranked it, definitely more than one turn. But the main leak is coming from the other arrow not really the paintball tank adaptor. That is tightened by a hex screw and i disassembled it and added teflon tape.
You should use a wrench. Pliers don't allow the torque needed to tighten.

Can you show us pictures of the thing disassembled?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have no experience with co2 art regs... i do have a splitter from them, it leaked from 2 spots! Simple fix.. liquid thread lock, the kind that can be broken with force, not the permanent stuff!

·
Banned
3,261 Posts
The bottom thread is definitely an NPT. A wrench must be used to torque it and teflon tape must be used.

Are you certain that's the correct order? It looks like the knurled nut should attach to the CO2 tank, not the regulator.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bottom thread is definitely an NPT. A wrench must be used to torque it and teflon tape must be used.

Are you certain that's the correct order? It looks like the knurled nut should attach to the CO2 tank, not the regulator.
That the way it is assembled, the knurled night attaches the the paintball tank adaptor. the other piece is what is used to attach the nut to the reg

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
That the way it is assembled, the knurled night attaches the the paintball tank adaptor. the other piece is what is used to attach the nut to the reg

most likely damaged surface or bad gaskets..
I see nothing that thing that requires thread tape.. All surfaces look like gasket fit..
The big nut is to compress between the 2 fittings in the green circle..

Can't speak for the adapter to tank fitting but that I believe is also a gasket/compression fit..

Many times the worst thing is over tightening it... but easy to do if the parts are defective....

How did you get the middle part off? I'm not seeing any flats for a wrench..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

most likely damaged surface or bad gaskets..
I see nothing that thing that requires thread tape.. All surfaces look like gasket fit..
The big nut is to compress between the 2 fittings in the green circle..

Can't speak for the adapter to tank fitting but that I believe is also a gasket/compression fit..

Many times the worst thing is over tightening it... but easy to do if the parts are defective....

Yea I'm starting to think the parts are defective. I'm in contact with their customer service buts it's kind of hard to communicate frequently since we're in different countries...just one email a day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I find it strange that their ad says it connects to a "Paintball Co2 cylinder CGA320" when paintball cylinders don't use CGA320.

If they did, they wouldn't have adapters for them.

Your regulator is the Euro standard connection, ask them if the adapter is the right one for paintball. I don't know why they're tossing "CGA320" around when:

1. Your regulator isn't CGA 320
2. Paintball isn't CGA 320

And remember, just because it fits and screws in, doesn't mean it will seal well. There is a 1 mm difference between the Euro/North American standard.

21 mm CGA 320
22 mm Everyone else ....

PS - Careful with the pictures, I'm sure the warranty would be gone if they knew you took it apart.

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
Not to pick a small point but I would think the warranty might be gone already as the wrong tool was used. It is also possible that using a wrench might fix the problem? Pliers should never be used on fittings.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts