The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A little background. I decided to set up a 3 gallon planted aquarium a few weeks back. Plant growth has been fantastic. However, they have not been the only thing growing well in the tank. Apparently my hornwort came with an interesting hitchhiker. Does anyone in the community know what this thing is?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
The tank is still cycling so I have not introduced any inhabitants yet.
Pretty amazing little creatures, but also formidable hunters, so not something you want in the tank when you start to introduce your intended livestock!

So best to get him out - and be aware that where there is one, there are usually more! If you can be sure it's a local species (i.e. you bought the plants locallu and they're not imported), then good to release it in local pond or lake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty amazing little creatures, but also formidable hunters, so not something you want in the tank when you start to introduce your intended livestock!

So best to get him out - and be aware that where there is one, there are usually more! If you can be sure it's a local species (i.e. you bought the plants locallu and they're not imported), then good to release it in local pond or lake.
Unfortunately I mail ordered the plants, so I do not know if this is a local species. Given that I do not have any livestock in the tank yet, I am considering treating the tank with Seachem Cupramine Copper as a way of dealing with any of the unhatched eggs. I am concerned, however, about removing all traces of the copper after the treatment is complete. Any alternatives you might suggest?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.