The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking at picking up an LED light for my tank and someone locally has this for sale (see image). He got it for saltwater coral growth and I have a freshwater tank with a few plants in it. I wanted to look this light up on the manufactures website to look at its stats (to see if it was suitable for what I need), its a Vertex Illumilux, but there are many different types of Illumilux's. And I can't tell from the names on the site, what this 300-MBI would be. But doesn't MBI mean Metal Halide and thus not LED, but this has LED's...

Thank you for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,083 Posts
Hello,
I'm looking at picking up an LED light for my tank and someone locally has this for sale (see image). He got it for saltwater coral growth and I have a freshwater tank with a few plants in it. I wanted to look this light up on the manufactures website to look at its stats (to see if it was suitable for what I need), its a Vertex Illumilux, but there are many different types of Illumilux's. And I can't tell from the names on the site, what this 300-MBI would be. But doesn't MBI mean Metal Halide and thus not LED, but this has LED's...

Thank you for any help!
w/out even knowing the light I'd guess it is a royal blue/white 50/50 mix LED setup..

ta....da:
https://reefbuilders.com/2011/03/11/vertex-illumilux-led-unboxed/

My guess:
Illumilux Marino Bianco 50/50 Royal Blue(450nm) - White(7000K)
http://charterhouse-aquatics.com/sh...tex-illumilux-marino-bianco-i-led-light-300mm

Vertex Illumilux (M)arino (B)ianco (I) LED Light - 300mm

mbi...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW Thank you!!!

I have some good google-fu, but you, you're a WIZARD! You're awesome! Thank you so much!

Now my next quest, to find out if that would work for my tank. I have a 20G tank and that says its a 20W light, so 1W per G. Are LED's the same when looking at watts per gallon?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.