The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The angel fish was acting normal until today and he seems to want to stay around the top of the filter. He's eating normal and seems to be breathing heavy.

See pics and help me figure out whats wrong with him. Look around his gills.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Disease Help

Hello s...

Most fish diseases, if there is one, are difficult to identify. The best thing to do is do a 50 water change every couple of days for a week and raise the temperature of the tank a few degrees. Most times, getting the water really clean and warming it up a little will help. After a week, just return the temperature to normal, but do the 50 percent water change once a week.

B

·
Registered
142 Posts
Agree with above. You may also add a little salt. The full dose is one tablespoon per 5 gallons, but to avoid stressing your plants, you can cut that in half (one tablespoon per 10 gallons). The salt will help you beautiful angel fight whatever is ailing him, even at the lower dose.

Julia

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Its not ich. It almost looks like little pimples but larger than ich. Some look like they've been broken and they seem to mostly be around the outside of the gills. At first I thought injuries as I have seen him fighting with a couple other angels.

I have turned up the temp to to the low 80's and will start doing a salt dip after work. Anyone know a good concentration for a dip.

EDIT*
New pics posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
I want to agree with you because you can see what we can't see by way of photos but those fins do look like they have a mild case of ich which of course will become a horrid case of ich for everyone depending on how stocked the tank is.

+1 ich

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
if you can see spots it is already a bad case of ich, I wouldn't chance it and salt+ high temps tend to be a decent cure all unless bacterial, in bacterial cases you will likely kill your fish faster so I take my first reply back, assuming ich may be a problem, i'd start googling what you see

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All the other fish are fine. I have moved this fish into a quarantine tank and started treating with triple-sulfa after red veins developed in his nostrils. Last night he had a bloody spot around his eye which i could not see this morning hopefully things are starting to get better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.