The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had a planted Peacock/Hap tank running for months now with no issues. I added 3 new fish a few days ago and I have been finding numerous bits in leaves. I mean tons. Every time I pull up a chair, nobody wants to reveal themselves(VERY FRUSTRATING). I was told this was a non-plant destroying Hap, but I'm wondering now if its a mbuna. Thanks for any feedback!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahha!

I confirmed at a LFS a few days ago that it is indeed a Mbuna. The owner claimed it was a type of Zebra, but it does look like it could be a Labidochromis hongi as well! Without an hesitation, I traded the guy in. Since then my plants prayers have been answered :p Yeah I thought about setting up a video camera there for a while! I felt like the culprit was just rubbing it in my face when nothing would happen when watching haha. I'm glad you like that tank! With this being my first post since the new tank, I appreciate the feedback. I can be very anal when it comes to the tank unfortunately. I really don't like how my rocks are set up and the varying colors. I was thinking about taking all my rock out and adding a bunch of the holy white rock(don't remember the name off hand :p). That way I just have one uniform rock, wood, and plants. Thoughts on that aquascape? I think the Africans would like the rock, too. And yes, I love my Peacocks! I recently added two vey colorful ones as well. It's amazing how many different color combination there is. Thedood: I also thought it looked like a hybrid. It definitely had a nice personality!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts