The Planted Tank Forum banner

Help Identify: PetSmart "Freshwater" Plant

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Indian fern 
#1 ·
I'm new to planted aquariums and I've read from other forums about the dangers of buying the so called "for aquarium" plant in capsules at PetSmart. Some of it are really aren't for freshwater aquarium use. Unfortunately I already bought 3 capsules which I forgot the proper names(yeah, a very noob mistake on my part) and planted it in my tank before I checked the forums. I've seen a few fallen leaves and ID'd two of the plants but I never get to know the 3rd one which I am asking help if anyone here is familiar with it. I searched this site's plant DB http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/myplants/ but wasn't successful.

Also, I hope this serves as a warning to others to do their research first before buying plants at PetSmart

Here is a pic:

See less See more
#11 ·
that plant is sold in huge quantities in our petshop. the spatiphyllum, arrowhead and spider plant which are non aquatic are also sold. They'll just rot in the water and cloud it. Plant them in a bottle garden. They look nice in there :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.