The Planted Tank Forum banner

HELP Identify Amano shrimp Parasite/Mite

465 2
Hi, I recently notice red lines appearing on the swimmers of one of my Amono shrimp. She was berried and recently released her larvae. Ive been waiting for her to molt anyway to see if its still there and to remove her molt ASAP, just in case. I'm concerned it might be a parasite or mite and haven't been able to find anything on the internet. She is in a 16g Flex with 4 other Amono's, a pair of German Blue rams and 5 Celestial Pearl Danios. The GBR"s had recently spawned and thought possibly she was just hurt by one of the rams protecting the spawn. Does anyone know what this is and have seen it before? What should I do?

Tank Parameter:
PH 7.2 consistent
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5-10ppm all the time
GH 6-7
Kh 3
Cu 0
Water Temp. 79-80F

I do 12%(2g) weekly water changes with bottled spring water. I do 1 full dose of EasyGreen Fert. once a week on water change and half dose in the middle of the week. Sachem root tabs every 2-3 months.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not an expert on shrimp parasites. To me though that looks like swimmerets that are discolored. The same shape as the transparent one to the farther up. How long have you had the amano shrimp? When was the last time you introduced something new to that tank? Still possible for parasites to stay dormant and pop up a long time later though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not an expert on shrimp parasites. To me though that looks like swimmerets that are discolored. The same shape as the transparent one to the farther up. How long have you had the amano shrimp? When was the last time you introduced something new to that tank? Still possible for parasites to stay dormant and pop up a long time later though.
Ive had the Amonos for about 3 months and the only thing I've added were a couple of plants about a couple weeks ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts