1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It would be better if we had a photo of the plant in the water. Even better, a photo of the growth of the plant when underwater, in the photo the plant has been grown emersed.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It would be better if we had a photo of the plant in the water. Even better, a photo of the growth of the plant when underwater, in the photo the plant has been grown emersed.
Your wish, my command.

Here are some more picture including underwater pictures of the plants I'm trying to identify.

https://goo.gl/photos/rQ32NaY2vHUsZxTdA

I think I remember one of the scientific names may of had an " N-word" in it. Narasasa or something like that.

I just got the plants a few hours ago so I don't think there will be new growth on it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't know the emersed form of our aquatic plants as well as the submersed, so maybe somebody with more knowledge can help.

The plant in this photo might be Nesaea crassicaulis.

Second plant in the link might be Pogostemon erectus or stellata.

Large margin of error as most plants change their morphology (quite dramatically) when grown submersed. You can post another set of photos when submersed growth appears if you are still unsure on the ID.

Top tip: Plant individual stems especially when adding new plants to your aquarium. It may be a pain but your plats will thank you.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know the emersed form of our aquatic plants as well as the submersed, so maybe somebody with more knowledge can help.

The plant in this photo might be Nesaea crassicaulis.

Second plant in the link might be Pogostemon erectus or stellata.

Large margin of error as most plants change their morphology (quite dramatically) when grown submersed. You can post another set of photos when submersed growth appears if you are still unsure on the ID.

Top tip: Plant individual stems especially when adding new plants to your aquarium. It may be a pain but your plats will thank you.

1. I think you got the one, I remember seeing the name Pogostemon erectus written with a faded marker on the tank for that one plant.

2. The second one with the N-word on the scientific name Nesaea or something. It was on the 2nd part of the word had the N.

Perhaps " Golden Nesaea " ? I am going to have to take another look at it.

3. Do you mean to plant each stem should be separated instead of grouped together?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If it started with a capital letter it should be the genus name. That is the first N... that comes to mind and has a similar leaf shape.

Yes, leave about half an inch or more around the stem. This will facilitate water flow and light penetration. Once the plant is established it is able to withstand higher densities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.