The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Can anyone please help ID these mollusks, they are like Abalone.

The underside is just like a Nerite Snail, it also eats algae off the Tank wall like a Nerite Snail, and you can seed the eggs on the side of the tank (just above the tiger lily leaf) like a Nerite.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It might be the limpet-like nerites that someone was selling a long time ago. Septaria Porcellana.
Very pretty but I don't know of anyone selling them anymore.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My first thought was that it looked like a little nerite mouth scraping at the glass. I'd never heard of limpet-like nerites, though. Very cool

Bump: That's totally what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Very cool. Where are they? In your tanks?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, that's exactly what they look like, the underside is just like a Nerite. Would love to know what they are called, I tried looking on the net could not find any information.Septaria Porcellana, thanks for that information, I would have put some in my Marine tank had I found them earlier.

Yes they are in my tank, I bought 4 of them, put one into my low tech tank where it died after a few days, the ones in the hi-tech tank are doing very well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.