The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Can someone help me ID this algae? I thought it's bba, but it never attached to hardscape, it never had any "hair", just black spot all over the slow growing plants. And it didn't respond to hydrogen peroxide or 2x dose excel. And doesn't come off with a toothbrush.

I have low tech, this algae was only on one plant before, but then it started spreading to all other plants when i neglected my tank for a few months and had lighting issues.

My tank is low tech.

Please help?
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spot algae maybe? Have you checked your nitrates and phosphates?
I thought spot algea is supposed to be green, didn't know there was black/brown spot algae. No i didn't check nitrate or phosphate. I will check nitrate and report back (i don't have phosphate test) Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spot algae maybe? Have you checked your nitrates and phosphates?
Ok so my nitrate is 5ppm. It's a 10G with less than 10 shrimps and 1 nerite snail and lots of slow growing plants. It's been around for 5y. All other algae are gone except that thing and green spot algae that recently started because I've been lazy.

I just started excel daily a month ago, 1/2 dose because I have Vals and Im starting diy co2 today, to try to get rid of the algae.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.