The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I've bought some wood pieces with plants already growing on, did notice fluffy algae like thing on the leaves and wood, but thought thats probably normal, and they all seem to have it in the store, so i didn't question it.

But then after reading a bit online about brush algae, i'm unsure if this was mistake, and it will only cause problems down the road, or is it no biggie?

Image quality is rather crappy, but i hope you can still id and help.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yikes, looks like staghorn and maybe some hair algae...maybe some BBA as well. Got quite a mess there. I would remove those entire wood pieces and heavily spray them and the plants with 3% H2O2. Anubias should hold up well, but let the H2O2 sit on the leaves and wood for a while and bubble. Then rinse in tap water and add back to the tank. It'll take care of the majority of the problem.

If this stuff starts growing freely in your aquarium after the treatment, it means you've got some water quality issues, but we can address that if/when it comes up. It has now been introduced, spores are there, if conditions are right, it will start growing again and in other places.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, Thanks a lot mgeorges for your help – ill try and see if i can save em with a clean.

//R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts