The Planted Tank Forum banner

HELP I think my fish is sick!

657 3
Well I came hom eon my lunch today to find my snake fish well thats what i call him he looks liek a snake with 2 round fins in the front and 2 pointy things on his nose. One of his eyes is slightly turning white. Like a cloudy white. I never noticed this before. Im not too sure what it is.
Im leaving for vegas tomarrow and want to know if this is any quick fix solutions. I have other fish in the tank hes in now and dont want them to die. I got a extra tank and filter but its been dry for over 2 months. Any ideas would be helpful Ive never had a sick fish before. Thanks!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
You should probably isolate if it is fungal or bacterial. I would set up your other tank (currently dry tank) as a QT and seed it with mulm or something.

Easiest way: if your current tank is big and has a hang-on back filter, then it will likely have two filter bags, if so grab one and stick it in the currently dry filter and run it. If not grab the filter bag and shake it out in your QT and let the new filter pick up all the crud. You could also add some stability to be safe.

I'd also do Mela/Pimafix unless you're sure it's a bacterial/fungal infection, then I would get some Kanamycin, which worked really well for me last time. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for the information. And no I dont have any pictures of it. Ill use my HOB fileter and add onf of the bags to the old filter and get it cycled. Ill let you know how it goes.

Another question should I treat my fish tank and my other fish or just the one that has the cloudy eye in the quarentine tank?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.