The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don´t know exactly what I did but here´s the problem. Last sunday I serviced the fluval canister, only cleaned excess buildup and replaced the activated carbon and ammonia remover inserts (foams and rings not touched, just rinsed of excess mulm)

After spending most of the week with just a DYI Co2 setup because of my tank leaking, I changed it on saturday and started the pressurized back again.

Today while doing my bi-weekly wc i saw the water is very green, it´s clear but very green. What do you think is the problem?

I´ve also been having increasing trouble with BBA which I´m going to treat with excel or h2o2 this weekend.

What do you suggest to clear the water? should I do a blackout? for how long? do I continue to add co2 in the meantime?

thanks

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Sounds like the was an ammonia spike and you have green water. You can wait it out, get a diatom filter/ UV sterilizer or do a blackout.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I´ll do a combinatiof of waiting it out with the blackout :)

To be honest I haven´t checked for ammonia levels but will do it right away at lunch time. After yesterday´s wc it cleared out quite a bit, and fortunately all fish seem happy and unaffected

1 - 3 of 3 Posts