The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago I bought two gold gouramis and two opaline gouramis in my 45 gallon tank. Since then one of the opaline has died, it was picked on and given stress (cause of death) and now I suddenly see red spots on one of the gold gourami. There are large red spots on the rear end of the belly and the dorsal fin. What should I do? Should I remove it from my tank immediately, or should I treat my tank for something? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I am pretty sure a bunch of people will say this but you should have a couple more rainbows.
My Honey Gourami is the bully of my tank and I would watch your other Gouramis because I don't believe males like to be with males, similar to the Betta. I had to remove my rainbow shark because of newfound aggression when I added my boesemani so it could be the red tail, they are known to be more aggressive then rainbow sharks.
I would remove to your QT tank which you did and make sure you keep that water pristine to prevent secondary infections. Also you could do a methylene blue dip , but carefully read the instructions for proper use.
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.