The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have 2 CRS, 2 OEBT, 4 RCS, 1 Amano, 1 FM Betta, 2 Otos, and 1 BN Pleco in my Ebi. Got some nice driftwood that's been soaking for a couple days. I heard that Gorilla glue was aquarium safe. But I know that shrimp are very sensitive, so... is it still safe for my tank? I glued a big rock to it and am going to put it behind my Java Fern. Check out my tank profile to see it. And how long to let it cure? I heard that you can just pop it in, but I let it dry for about 30-45 minutes now, and I wiped off the excess foam. Sorry for the abundance of questions, but please help if you can. Thanks in advance!

Oh, the label says 24 hrs I think.

·
Banned
313 Posts
If you are worried I would let it for for 24 hours.
If you are REALLY worried I would apply a small drop to something like a rock, let it dry. and then let it cure for 24 hours. and then put that in and watch if they start to act different or look sickly.
If at that point they are okay Its probably safe

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I used it before, only to glued a U joint that broke apart on a co2 glass ceramic diffuser. I let it sit overnight and hooked it up in the morning in my shrimp tank. Works great, no sign of changing behaviors in shrimp. Although I was using just a little dab of it only.

24 hours should harden it. It drys pretty well.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
it is okay, gorilla glue is waterproof, and does not leech anything into the aquarium. it takes about 2 hours to harden. i've used it in all of my diy projects and its effective to seal up seals and fix cracks etc. used it with crs and yellow shrimp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.