The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so originally I wasn't going to do Co2. Decided to add it on because Im not seeing the same level of growth in all my plants, and I need to lower my tank PH a bit more. So, I bit the bullet and thought going with the Co2 art kit would make life the easiest on me since I am I complete newbie to every aspect of this.

I decided to start with a paintball tank as I thought it would be the easiest on me to get/refill, hide, etc. Turns out that was wrong. My poor husband spent 5 hours driving around trying to find someone that could fill it. I got it from Dick's Sporting Goods and despite their website gist- very few Dick's apparently have the capacity to refill the tanks. :( Finally found a place and got it filled and tried to connect only to find out I need an adaptor. Apparently the paintball tanks have a pin type connection and the regulator doesn't. Oh and apparently I need more tubing because they only sent me maybe 3' and that wont make it to the storage under my tank! I am soooo frustrated with this all.

Can anyone tell me if this adaptor would work?? Amazon.com: Interstate Pneumatics WRCO2-5A4 CO2 Paintball Tank CGA 320 Adapter: Industrial & Scientific

In addition, will I need some variety of washer or O ring to make the adaptor work?!? Suggestion on size/type? I need to be able to order these things because the nearest place that might have this kind of thing would be over an hour and a half drive each way for us.

I have a Tippmann 20 oz Co2 tank (for paintball) https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ank-16jpau20zlmtnkxxxptb/16jpau20zlmtnkxxxptb

and the Co2Art Pro-SE series Complete Aquarium System w/ in-tank Flux Diffuser

Someone please help an amateur that is out of her depth!! (See what I did there.... a water pun)-

·
Registered
239 Posts
do a search on amazon, "co2 paintball" in the fish & aquatic pets category. shows couple paintball tank adapters for ~$12.00.

but if your tank is 20gal or larger, i would get a 5 lb tank. probably easier to get it refilled or swapped out and of course it'll last much, much longer. check with fire safety stores or welding places.

check out this link for a co2 injection introduction. then check this to help you to dial in your co2 injection rate. also, get a pH pen, don't waste your money on a drop checker because it gives you an idea what your co2 levels were 2-3 hours prior.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do a search on amazon, "co2 paintball" in the fish & aquatic pets category. shows couple paintball tank adapters for ~$12.00.

but if your tank is 20gal or larger, i would get a 5 lb tank. probably easier to get it refilled or swapped out and of course it'll last much, much longer. check with fire safety stores or welding places.

check out this link for a co2 injection introduction. then check this to help you to dial in your co2 injection rate. also, get a pH pen, don't waste your money on a drop checker because it gives you an idea what your co2 levels were 2-3 hours prior.
Thank you...I think I will try and sell the paintball canister to someone. Its just ridiculous. I realized that the bubble checker would be on its side unless I find a way to rotate it. And all of these adjustments are just not in my wheelhouse lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.