The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna redesign my tank but need to hear some opinions.
Here it is:

Honestly I like this mess and sort of I have to. Size is: 100X35X40(h) cm. So, there is shortage of space because of 35 cm.
Let me tell you what I have in my mind, so I can evaluate my plans with your suggestions.
I have a mangrowe 50X30X40 (h). I hesitate to use it in my tank because of the size. Shall I cut it into two pieces or just put it inside?
If I use this huge thing, I may put it at the right side, also I think to remove the group of vallisneria to the back of mangrowe. That means hygrophilas are leaving. Maybe I let 4-5 of'em to stay in the tank.
For criptos, I wanna plant them really close to each other but I am not sure if they can survive in this way.
I have a love-hate affair with the h.difformiss. It took 2 months to get them 15 cm tall. If I manage to keep them alive and make them bigger, I hope to put them, left back corner of the tank.
Gracilis and rotalas are getting better day by day. I may take some of them out.
There are also some bacopas and micranthemums behind the mess, probably you couldn't notice. With a better design, hope to see them in the view.
That's all I got.
Hope to hear opinions.

P.S: Excuse my english

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is one picture, as I see.
I will add some more.
Plants:
Vallisneria americana
Hygrophila difformis
Amania Gracilis
Bacopa monnieri
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Micrathemum umbrosum
Hygrophia polysperma
Rotala rotundifolia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I let my plants grow for a while and that's the result:

Finally I said, enough is enough. I spent almost 5 hours, rearranged everything, took out some of the plants.
Here is a quick shot, after the hardwork:

Another view:

I got some javamoss from a friend, and attached them to lava rocks:

Right, closer:

Left, closer:

Another shot:

What do you think?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.