The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all..

First of all, sorry for my broken English. I hope its understandable:icon_redf

Im very new in this forum. Actually this is my first thread. Also just prepare my first tank (planted) 4 month ago. And now my 3rd tank is on the way :)

I'm really addictive with DIY stuff. Even i glue my last tank by myself. Its 67 x 47 x 27h (Sorry im using cm's instead of inches) My external filter and lighting will be DIY too. My question is about LED layout.

Im planning to use 4 aluminium heatsink 5 power leds each. Totally 20 leds.

I ordered 4 RED, 4 BLUE and 12 WHITE leds. Each heatsink will contain 1 RED 1 BLUE and 3 White.

So how can I spread that colors equally? That layout is ok??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Before you spend your money take a look at this site
http://buildmyled.com/custom-led-strip/
You can input your leds there and see technical details. Click the blue box that says: View estimated Performance Charts & Report. I did input your choice of leds colors and I feel it will be too blue looking. For that reason I don't think your choice of leds will be esthetically pleasing and will not show colors truly. Color wise it won't look like this

but more like this color wise.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I suggest you to use 2 white, 2 red and 1 blue on each set up. The will make the light warmer. You can actually delete the blue, use 4 white on the corners and 1 red in the middle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for your answers...

Steve001 that LED performance tool is great. Unfortunately I checked by myself and saw that blueish color output. I already ordered. Probably i will get them in few hours.

So in this point, maybe i can cancel two blue ones. I will see. Actually i think 60W total LED power is a bit too much for my 27cm high tank. I can reduce some leds.

Anyway, I'm living in Hong Kong, and bought that led things from Schenzen (Mainland Cahina, just next to Hong Kong) So totally very cheap stuff. Actually this will be just an experience for me. If it will work properly i can change the led to CREE or some other good brands.

wheeling, thanks to your suggestion, I will install one heatsink first and i will design how i will finalize. probably reduce blue ones. Because my white LED's are actually 7000-8000K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts