The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I have a 20 gallon high aquarium and looking to grow some dwarf baby tears carpet. I've read that they're relatively finicky in terms of lighting and whatnot.

I'm trying to find a reasonably priced light that will do well with being roughly 15"-16" away from the dwarf baby tears. I will also be using Co2.

I was looking at the NICREW SkyLED Plus on Amazon, but wasn't sure if that would be sufficient.

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
641 Posts
I use both Fluval Aquasky 2.0 and the Fluval 3.0. Both have plenty of light and power for this.

From what I've read Finnex and similar brands will work as well, I only know personally about these FLuvals. I also am only talking about LEDs as this is the way I chose to go. There are tube lights as well, I'm sure someone can talk about those and other brands of LED.

DO NOT buy a cheaper brand, it will not do the trick at those depths.

PS a new one I have tried, not at large scale are the Mingdak. again only have a small desk tank, but it's bright as hell.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello. I have a 20 gallon high aquarium and looking to grow some dwarf baby tears carpet. I've read that they're relatively finicky in terms of lighting and whatnot.

I'm trying to find a reasonably priced light that will do well with being roughly 15"-16" away from the dwarf baby tears. I will also be using Co2.

I was looking at the NICREW SkyLED Plus on Amazon, but wasn't sure if that would be sufficient.
What did you end up getting?

I just stared a 16 gallons tank and I am using a Finnex HLC, impressive with the features.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.