The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have had this female ram for almost two weeks now in my 10 gallon planted tank(which is 6 months old ) and she is acting weird! Just today she has started hanging out at the top of the tank(I think she need air). She is breathing hard and she has a white spot thing on one of her fins( I originally thought it was ick but the rest of her body is fine) my water parameters a good ph 7.2 no ammonia or nitrate nitrites and the water is soft. All my other fish are doing great even the male ram( he is protecting her) I used this medicine which is AP quick cure for ick and protozoan parasites as recommended. She was eating the day before normally and I fed then some flakes and blood worms? What is wrong and I save her (p.s I have the air stone full blast like normally do so nothing new

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sorry to hear she didn't make it.

Based off of that pic, it looks like there is a thick layer of surface scum trapping bubbles at the top, possibly not allowing proper gas exchange?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.