The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help one of my discusfish has some white stuff on its side doesn't look like ick not sure what it is just need help identifying it.all of my other fish are just fine.he swims around and acts like nothing is wrong.you can't even see it when it turns into the light.just need some help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
A little hard to tell, but it looks like relatively superficial scrapes from running into something - rocks, wood, or equipment, ?.
There's no raw flesh exposed or apparent bleeding, so it should heal ok in time.
Just make sure you keep up with lots of fresh water changes for the next few days/week or so, until you see some improvement.
Large water changes are often very helpful in remedying these types of problems fairly quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks discuspaul I will just keep doing what I always do and hopefully it is nothing. I try to stay away from medication in my aquarium or even putting the fish in a hospital tank.I believe it just stresses them out even more.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Thanks discuspaul I will just keep doing what I always do and hopefully it is nothing. I try to stay away from medication in my aquarium or even putting the fish in a hospital tank.I believe it just stresses them out even more.

Great to hear that you avoid medicating unless absolutely essential. i.e, as a last resort. And also that you know placing discus in a hospital tank is stressful, at a time when they don't need anymore stress !
That's correct thinking !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.