The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I need some help IDing my not so little friend here. He has grown about six times as big as he was when I got him six months ago. He was labeled as an "upside down" catfish. I know that there are a few species that are often sold with that label. I have had some before but they never got this big! In fact his buddies at the pet store haven't grown much bigger then they were when we got him 6 months ago. I just want to make sure that we give him the best home possible!
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Not a cory. It's a synodontis catfish lol. Corydoras catfish come from a totally different continent.

This isn't even one of the really upside-down species of synodontis. I think this one is syno eupterus. Although I may very well be wrong. Nonetheless it'll probably cap at around 4-6" large so be prepared

·
Registered
136 Posts
He's a featherfin synodontis. I once, long ago, got one for a dollar as a "misc. cory" and was quite surprised a year later when he was 8 inches long with a dorsal almost 5 inches tall. Beautiful, very personable fish they are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.