The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

You guys with pumpkin shrimp (orange neocarids), have you seen babies coming out with clear mid-sections, like rilis?

I ask because I hung a Marina breeder box of rilis for ONE HOUR (yes, with the output blocked off) on my main community tank which has pumpkin shrimp innit. I have since found two large babies that look dead-on rili in the pumpkin tank. The first one I laughed, caught it, and moved it to the rili tank. The second one I'm scratching my head and asking for input. I DID have berried pumpkins that gave birth about a week ago, and I have not seen those babies since. (And I am obviously new to this.) Now I'm wondering if these aren't escapee rilis, but rather standard pumpkin babies.

Anyone gots some rili-looking pumpkin babes? Orange on both ends and clear in the middle? Or are these really most likely rili escapees? The plan regardless is to raise them in the rili tank (it's shrimp-only; the pumpkin one is community) until they're pre-breeding size and then move them back over if they turn out pumpkin.

Thanks and cheers for the help!

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
A week old baby would only be about 2mm long, and it would be dang hard to tell if it looked like a rili at that stage, so i'd say its just one of your rilis that escaped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts