The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My atomic bubble counter isn't working. My system consists of a paintball tank, paintball adapter, GLA atomic regulator v3, atomic bubble counter w/ integrated check valve and atomic diffuser w/ check valve. When I turn the gas on the gas is flowing, but is unable to get past the bubble counter. No gas bubbles appear in the bubble counter. When I take the bubble counter off I can feel gas coming out from the tubing. How do I remedy this?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also it appears that the gas only flows when I open the needle valve to the point where there is some gas coming out from the needle valve (or at least I hear the sound of gas leaving). Is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
Also it appears that the gas only flows when I open the needle valve to the point where there is some gas coming out from the needle valve (or at least I hear the sound of gas leaving). Is this normal?
It sounds like you have a leak somewhere in the system.

I would double check all your connections with some soapy water to see where the leak is first, and then try to tighten that connection.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gas is coming from the needle valve. Whenever I open up the needle valve enough to allow for the gas to flow, I start to hear the leaking. When I tighten the needle valve to the point where I can't hear the leaking anymore, the flow of gas stops.

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
The gas is coming from the needle valve. Whenever I open up the needle valve enough to allow for the gas to flow, I start to hear the leaking. When I tighten the needle valve to the point where I can't hear the leaking anymore, the flow of gas stops.
I suppose you are using this?

http://greenleafaquariums.com/co2-bubble-counters/atomic-bubble-counter.html

Are you sure the tubing connecting the needle valve and bubble counter is on securely?

If you can hear gas flowing out when you open the needle valve, then you probably have a leak.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've pushed the tubing into the needle valve connection as far as it'll go, and am still experiencing the leaking problem. It appears that the leaking is coming from the part of the needle valve where you turn it to control how tight it is.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did and he suggested pushing it in further. So I did so and now everything works. Turns out it takes quite an amount of pushing to get it in all the way.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
I did and he suggested pushing it in further. So I did so and now everything works. Turns out it takes quite an amount of pushing to get it in all the way.
I've noticed that if you're having an issue with a gla product, the fastest solution is just to send Orlando an email or if he's active one ape to pm him there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.