The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello since I bought my shrimp my fishes are just vanishing, they don’t look sick at all and then next morning I found skeletons, Is it possible that my shrimp is aggressive and killing the small fishes? I leave you here a picture

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,076 Posts
Your shrimp (plural, one S) could, in theory, be harming your fish if they aren't getting enough to eat. But the most likely scenario is your fish are dying for some other reason and shrimp are eating them after they're dead. They're detrivores and it's one of the reasons shrimp are popular in the hobby - they clean up some waste products like that.

You'll need to share a lot more specific information about your tank if you want anyone to help you figure out what's occurring, though.

Could you post a photo of your entire tank?

What are your specific water parameters? Temperature/TDS/pH/kH/gH/Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate.

What do you feed? How much? How frequently?

What's your water change schedule and how much do you change? How do you prepare your water?

How many and what specific kind of fish do you keep in the tank?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm not sure about shrimp but my crayfish flat out ate a bunch of my fish before I caught him. He was quite the hunter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts