The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first pressurized co2. I have the Dr. Foster Smith full auto setup. It came with little to no instructions. Its set up like the picture but I think I'm doing something wrong with the reactor. It keeps back flowing water/ pressure into the bubble counter. I've gone through two bubble counters and now I think the regulator has stopped working. I turned the valve slowly and it dumped a lot of gas into the bubble counter and dumped into the tank. I disconnected everything, and I couldn't get any bubbles out of the reg alone. The working pressure gauge seems to be stuck at 60 Psi even when closed. I just planted a full tank and using flourish excel for a day now. Anyone used this setup?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Put a check valve inline with your tubing.

It's possible the water flowing into your regulator may have rusted the internals.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The am bubble counter had an integrated check valve. Yesterday was the first time the rrgulator was used. I'll try again or call azoo.
Hey everyone, if I get another regulator or reactor, what's a good choice?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks. The am bubble counter had an integrated check valve. Yesterday was the first time the rrgulator was used. I'll try again or call azoo.
Hey everyone, if I get another regulator or reactor, what's a good choice?
I have the semi-automatic setup from Foster Smith. The Azoo regulator works fine form me, but I am on the third of those bubble counters. I'd dump it for something else. The check valves don't work. I used a second one after the counter. I am also going to replace the check-valve on the counter itself.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. After coming back from a weekend trip, I decided to mess with the setup again. I've made much better progress and understood some things I did wrong. 1) I didn't realize how sensitive the needle valve was. It was opened too much and dumped too much gas into the tank. 2) After that happened, the solenoid was shut off by the controller. 3) My regulator is working fine at about 50 psi. 4) I had to readjust connections to fix a leaks. 5) I had the pressure release and the co2 input valves backwards- that couldn't have helped.

I guess staying up all night setting up a tank then trying to hook up equipment when you are tired is not a good idea. At lease now I know everything that can be done wrong.
Yes the bubble counter is sort of cheap and if I can't fix a leak at the connector, I will be on a third one. The good news is, I'm now getting co2 to the tank and all should be fine. Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Your low pressure gauge should only be set at about 10-20psi , if your running a Atomic diffuser than you have to run about 30psi

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your low pressure gauge should only be set at about 10-20psi , if your running a Atomic diffuser than you have to run about 30psi
I've been reading and it seems that Azoo sends their regulators factory set at around 50 psi. You will have to open up the regulator and turn a nut to adjust. I'll just leave it for now. You are right, 20 would be ideal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts