The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, so not sure about what is acceptable in regards to RAOK, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask! :icon_smil

Can anyone help a physical therapy student who loves the hobby?
I haven't bought new plants in over a year due to my location (savannah- no aquarium stores around, and all online shipping costs are way too expensive for my budget).

I have been looking for sagittaria and other quick spreading ground cover online, but can't monetarily justify buying a 3.50$ plant and paying 40$ in shipping.

I'll pay it forward one day- promise! :icon_smil
Thanks yal!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Wish I could help but I don't have that plant.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
You should can change the prefix for your thread to WTB.
RAOK should be used when YOU are raoking things, not asking to get raoks.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Asking for free stuff on your second day is not the best way to become accepted on a forum. That said, I'm currently going through physical therapy for a rotator cuff injury so I'm willing to send you plants for the cost of shipping ($7). However, I don't have sagittaria or other quick spreading ground cover plants that you asked about. If you're interested in Brazilian Pennywort, subwassertang and/or Salvinia minima, shoot me a PM.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Most eBay sellers I buy from only charge $7 for combined shipping priority mail. You need to shop around a bit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most eBay sellers I buy from only charge $7 for combined shipping priority mail. You need to shop around a bit.
Good advice.

Bump:
Asking for free stuff on your second day is not the best way to become accepted on a forum. That said, I'm currently going through physical therapy for a rotator cuff injury so I'm willing to send you plants for the cost of shipping ($7). However, I don't have sagittaria or other quick spreading ground cover plants that you asked about. If you're interested in Brazilian Pennywort, subwassertang and/or Salvinia minima, shoot me a PM.
No thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Asking for freebies isn't good form either IMO. Hopefully TheDrake will get a nice thank you note and a positive review soon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you get the package? I never heard from you...
you never got my thank you messages? I sent two messages the day I received the plants. I'm SO sorry! I am a VERY appreciative person I feel terrible! I sent the messages on my phone, and this is the second time my posts have not gone through using my phone. I will make sure to only use my computer to send messages from now on.
Also, I tried to submit a positive review on the 31st and it never went through? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. Here is a screenshot of the review that says "unread". Not sure if you have to approve it or something.

Anyway, thank you SO much for all the healthy plants. You went above and beyond to be kind to a stranger and I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Your review from the 31st went through.. I (as an average joe, I'm no moderator) can see it in both your profile and TheDrake's...

That said, it looks like you made that feedback the day he sent the plants, so that's not really confirmation you got the plants... That would have been the lost PMs....

Anyway, glad to hear you got the plants, and kudos to TheDrake for sending them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.