The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I am about to have a cry baby fit because I have been searching and searching for a light for my newly purchased 5 gallon tank. It came with a light but it sucks donkey balls SO, looking for something else.

My wish is to have a light that can grow at LEAST medium light plant.

Perhaps a DIY lighting solution is in order? Hell, I'll even hold the light up myself for 8 hours if I have to.

Please for the love of god help me. Lol

I am posting the link to the tank so you can all have dimensions.

http://www.petsmart.com/national-geo...pfm%3Dcategory

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You could try a finnex or maybe a lamp with a daylight bulb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lid is also the filter, which is why I am in such a conundrum. I really like the tank and it was a super good price but maybe I should just return it and go back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
852 Posts
you could try the planted+ clip on...or,you could exchange it for a spec v maybe? it'd cost more,and you'd still want to replace the light,but you'd have more options.

I wonder if a clip on could go on the side and be turned?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering the same thing. I think I might go checkout my lamp options at Wal Mart this weekend and get daylight bulb. I think this is my only shot.

Tank was $50 and the filter is nice so I'd like to try and keep it if I can.

Thanks for advice. Happy places like this exist. I started this whole fish tank adventure a little over a year ago and this will be tank #4 already. Lol

This hobby = addictive and expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.