The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gettin a bigger tank and I want you guys to give me some recommendation for the lighting on my new tank. I have 4x65 coralife pc light right now on my 90. Im gettin a 150 gallon? I think im not really sure but the dimensions are 6x2x2 I think thats 150 gallons. Well to make it short my tank right now is the old school aquarium that is 29 inches high on the 90 and the lights is not very effective for the small plants. This new tank im gettin is 5 inches shorter but it's longer. My cousin who is my cousin is selling me his current set up but not the lights. I was wondering do you guys know any equiptment to hook the coralife set up into the ceiling because it's to short for the new tank so I can't lay it on top of the tank. Also I have a metal halide set up with 2x150 watts bulb and one 55 watt pc bulb inside. Would you guys recommend putting the metal halides with the current set up I have, or would you guys think the Tek 5 lights would be better. My brother can get the 4x65 set up for 150 but I wanted to see which is better the Tek or MH. The bulbs is kind of old though over 2 years so it's not as bright as new. I dont know which one is more convinient because the tank my cousin is seeling me now is really pretty the ADG group in Houston design it for him and it comes with 9 large wild discus. I dont want to bring it home and insufficient lights will kill all the plants. Please give some recommendation guys.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Tek T5's are great, but if you have Metal Halide -- use it! I'm not sure if they make 6-foot long Tek T5's. I know they make 5-foot ones. You can't really go wrong with either, but Metal Halide is consistantly revered as the best, albeit expensive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the metal halide setup is only 3 1/2 feet long I guess I have to hang it in the middle? Or I could hang it on one side and put the coral life set up on the other side, hopefully it works. Do you guys know any stuff that I can use to hang the corallife set up. I already know how to hang the metal halide one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts