The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've been a long time lurker, and I've finally decided to come out and say hello. I've been a bit intimidated by all your knowledge, so I haven't posted much. You all are great at answering any and all questions way quicker and better information that I could ever provide.

Anyways enough bout you all! Now about me.....Let's see here I started keeping fish because I had heard it was a great stress reliever. See I had 1 massive heart attack at age 35 and needed to cut down on stress, turns out fish didn't work. Another heart attack and now they are talking about open heart surgery fun fun! Anyhow just because they provide a miracle cure doesn't mean I haven't grown to love these lil devils.

Now for my tanks, as of right now I don't have much can't work so 0 income since 2009, so my tanks contain only the cheapest fish and plants. As of this moment I have a 29 gallon community fish tank with tetra's and danilos. This will be upgraded to 55 gallon shortly, already have the tank just have to get all the supplies to finish it. Then I will move my Cherry shrimp/assassin snails to my 29 gallon. right now they are in a 10 gallon tank. You know out of all the fish I have I like the cherry/assassin tank the best. Once I move them out I'm starting a planted only tank in that 10 gallon. The plants I have aren't expensive but they are all I have to work with. Mostly water wisteria, few crypts, jungle vals, anubias, "alternanthera reineckii 'cardinalis'" pretty sure that one isn't the right name got it from petsmart lol, pretty much killed off most of my dwarf hairgrass, I may be able to salvage some of it in the plant only tank I hope, and um forgive my spelling....subwussertang? That is grown pretty well for me.

Anyhow that's my tanks and my story, I'm sure I'll have a few questions setting up the 55 gallon. I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to do it (my plants are suffering for lack of ferts, can't afford shipping lol) I'm thinking of going the topsoil route, I've already got the cap blasting sand. Love that stuff.

Well be gentle on me in the future and ya'll keep up the great work!

Chris

P.S. MABJ I have tons of assassins if you're interested I'll get a count when I break down the shrimp tank if you're interested in a few :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dog poo guy! I love your tanks and your posts. Honestly after reading what you put in your tank, that's what convinced me to do mts substrate, thank you :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts