The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bounce: Um, I'm new to the site so I guess I'll just talk about my fish :tongue: Um, this is my first time ever owning a fish, and it's a Betta Fish. His name is Geppetto. He's blue, and my friend got him for me a week ago. He has a bowl, I read that it's not good for them, but my mother has had lots of betta's live in bowls that had plants in them, and they lived for about three years. He seems pretty active. He gets fed once a day. I plan on cleaning his bowl once a week, and just making sure he has fresh water. Lol he tends to stare at me, and he moves around a lot when I come up to him. I don't tap the glass I just wiggle my finger in front of him. He has some soft rocks on the bottom, which are fake, and he has a little castle that he likes to hide around and play with. He swims at the top and on the bottom, he really does love his castle. Anyway I live in a dorm room and he seems pretty happy. I just moved him into my room today.

I joined this site primarily just to make sure I take good care of him, and make sure he's healthy and happy so any tips on how to take care of Betta's properly would be great. :proud:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bettas are beautiful fish, and it sounds like you have the right idea about taking good care of him. This site has lots of information. Just do a search on any issue and you'll find numerous discussions by some really knowledgeable people. Once you get settled in, maybe you can post a picture.

Julia

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome to the site. I had a betta for a long time. He was a great pet...seemd to come up to the glass to say hi when i came in the room :)

Just keep his tank clean and dont over feed. Mine had some penny wort to lay on and that seemed to make him really happy... he would lay on the big leaves and relax.

I also had a little cat fish in there for company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.