The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a member of http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/12-tank-journals/961338-methods-classroom.html

I am part of a group with 3 others and we work on a tank together. Our tank is not the best, but we can improve it a lot in the future. We currently have 2 Red Platys, Japanese Pennywort and Vallisneria plants, snails for a clean-up crew when needed, Black diamond blasting sand and river rocks for substrate, an aquaclear 20 filter, drift wood as a cave for our fish, Peacock moss, and an aqueon pro 50 heater. In the future we plan to get a beta and try and make our tank look like a field with blowing grass (The grass is the Vallisneria) and try and get some other additions and plants to make a tree like structure inside of our tank. And hopefully get a few more fish before our school year ends. We are the Beta Testers... And we won't back down!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive! This group has done a good job, though they might have gotten more plants when the opportunity arose. I suggested they might go for a carpet of dwarf Sagittaria instead of Vallisneria. Let's get some more plants @NebulaCat_Fish, @Shark Master1, @crazytankz3000, and @Cmitboy356!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good start! I have been reading about this black sand more and more...plants like it, inexpensive and looks as good as eco complete (is that right?)..any how looks good
Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey guys! Sounds like a great plan with that grassy meadow! Have you looked up how tall vallisneria grows? Maybe try it in the background and do some research on dwarf sagittaria or pygmy chain sword for your "grass"? Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Updates to Our Tank

Hello we have updated our tank these are the following updates: Water Lettuce and Our platys gave birth we now have 6 baby platys

·
Registered
3 Posts
We gotten some more water lettuce, a few more plants, and more decorations like a rock of granite that we use as a mountain that doesn't take up much area space and our baby platys are growing up :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts