The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Planted Tank people. I have been lurking and reading for a while now. Its time to dive in.

I have a 75 gallon tank that is home to several tetras, catfish and an angel fish. Plastic plants and plastic driftwood for decorations. 29 gallon fluidized bed sump with 40 micron sock prefilter. Pea gravel for substrate. I am looking forward to getting rid of everything but the fish (and maybe the sump?) and building a planted tank. I am a "stick one toe in to test the water" type of guy. I will be doing this project slowly and with careful consideration. I am coming to you for advice and information.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Good to have you Bob.

Well it seems to be a easy conversion, just remove the plastic plants and decor and put in some live plants. Pea gravel can work.

You looking to inject pressurized co2? In that case, look to sealing your sump to prevent too much off gassing of the co2.
Or just low tech for now while you dip a toe in? :)

What tetras and catfish do you have? Just trying to see if any might potentially munch on plants or uproot them. Some have had their angels chew on some plants.

Anyways, welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to have you Bob.

Well it seems to be a easy conversion, just remove the plastic plants and decor and put in some live plants. Pea gravel can work.

You looking to inject pressurized co2? In that case, look to sealing your sump to prevent too much off gassing of the co2.
Or just low tech for now while you dip a toe in? :)

What tetras and catfish do you have? Just trying to see if any might potentially munch on plants or uproot them. Some have had their angels chew on some plants.

Anyways, welcome!
Thanks for the welcome. I will be starting this as a low tech tank for now with provisions for possible CO2 in the future. I want to change the look too so I am changing the substrate.

I have neon and black long fin tetras and cory cats.

I will be starting a tank journal in the next few days and will be looking for input and advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.