The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a used 110 gallon fresh water tank, we got it home and set it up about 2 weeks ago. We are using the bio wheels from my husbands tank, One 90 gallon filter, one 50 gallon filter, I put brand new white sand (after rinsing it of course) I used some of the old water (maybe two gallons total) I've got 2 small plants and two large plants, the heater, NO lights, one huge live rock (did not rinsed it) two med size live wood (not rinsed either) one small Jack Damsey one med Jack Damsey and a small sucker fish (maybe med) I only added the fish after one week because the readings were good! Now the water is cloudy (like white dust)! Why? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me?! is getting worst! Im planning on doing a water change today if I don't hear any different. Thank you!!!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

Thank you for all your advice! To answer some of the questions: I thought a 90 gl and a 50 gl filter totaling 140 gl filter would be enough for a 110 gl tank? The wheels where from my husbands 150 gl well established freshwater tank. The live rock was from the same tank that I bought before we moved it to my house, so it was on fresh water tank for at least three yrs and yes it was to add some bacteria back to my tank plus we used about three glls of her old water. The last reading was at:
GH 180
KH 240
PH 7.5
No2 3.05
No3 40
I will be doing another reading as soon as I go get some more.
Thanks guys!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.