The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, yesterday a tenant in my apartment abandoned her place, leaving a sweet cat and her small fish tank behind. It had been several days that she had gone. I caught the apartment manager locking up her place after animal control left with the cat and I knew she had fish as well. Long story short. I was not allowed to grab her tank or anything to rescue her betta in so, out of desperation I grabbed her net and swooped out the betta ran around the building and up a flight of stairs and dumped him into my 55g. I ran to grab a Mason jar to temporarily house the poor guy in since I have a betta and my quarantine tank is not set up. I was bewildered when I returned. The two bettas were laying side by side in a bed of Java fern. So I spent the entire night just watching... every betta owners dream. Having 2 males in the same tank. Turns out her betta is in the very least partially blind, due to neglect and disease I'm sure. Damage done, I began medicating my tank with a combo of metroplex and kanaplex. Her betta appears to be doing well, however my much smaller galaxy koi betta began showing anxiety. He is a HUGE sissy and I love him for it. So tonight I knew I had to separate them. I live in a studio and really can't afford the space for a suitable tank for this guy. So I fashioned a divider out of a sheet of light defusing material and doubled it up, off center
so it makes 4 smaller squares instead of the larger singles. The problem... it's ugly as sin! Does anyone have ideas how to cure this heinous eyesore that has become my tank? I'd like to keep said betta. Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Look at Life With Pets dividers. They make one for a standard 55 gallon. They are a bit pricey, but the look they give is worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts