The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm a recent transplant to South Carolina from California. I've actually kept fish tanks for about nine years now, starting with a crowntail betta in a 2.5g MiniBow in college and taking off from there to progressively larger tropical freshwater tanks. I've always rented, though, so a *really* big tank has never been an option... until now.

We moved here to the Upstate for my work, and while so far I don't love the area, we plan on staying put a while. My job pays well, and I need to pay off student loans. Also, cost of living is cheap, which allows us to be a single-income household while my software developer boyfriend tries his hand at self-employment. So for now, we are making the best of it and buying a house to build equity for several years before we figure out our next destination - which means I finally get the big tank I've always wanted!

My 125g tank is presently sitting in our garage waiting to be moved into our new home and set up (we close February 29)! I'm hoping to do a tank journal along the way. I was an avid member of an old Betta forum that has since become defunct, and especially now that I live in an area that has very little to offer for those in the hobby, I look forward to having a fishy community again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the south! I am 30-45 minutes north in western N.C. Hopefully the area will grow on you. I'm assuming you are in the Greenville/Spartanburg area. I'm not super familiar with that area (occasionally go there for work) but you are close to a whole lot of good things. Atlanta & Savannah GA, Charleston SC & Asheville NC are all places that have a lot to offer. If you are more out door inclined, the area where SC, NC & GA come together is some of the most beautiful and diverse land in the country. I look forward to seeing your tank journal. I've always wanted a monster tank too. Good luck with the closing and move in!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
@pony-tail Yes it was from the film. The film was filmed on the Georgia/S. Caolina border with parts filmed in S. Carolina. I was just tweaking the op. I Love the area and love the people, Very down to earth. I was a truck driver for many years before I started my 'new' career 15 years ago. I spent a lot of time in the south and I love it, hope to convince the wife to move south someday and S. Carolina would be on my list. I hope the op loves it as well. And I love banjo music. Dueling banjos is an awesome piece of music.

Off topic but I see you're from Australia. I hate flying but there 3 countries I would be willing to fly to. Those would be New Zealand, Australia, and Scotland not in that order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.