The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just found this forum today. I've recently decided that I want to start some sort of planted aquarium. I'm not sure exactly what I want to do yet, as I'm still in the planning phase.

I used to be heavy into saltwater reef tanks. I would build most of my own equipment and designed quite a few filters for myself and others. I even considered turning that into a career for a while, but took a different road instead.

As of right now, I don't have a single tank in my home. A new business and a few new kids has limited my time and my tanks suffered for it. I think I'd like to try a planted tank instead this time. The constraints won't be as severe as a reef tank and I think the parameters will be challenging enough to keep it interesting.

I'm torn between a straight planted tank, and a mix of rainforest terrarium and aquarium. I've just been a member for a few hours, and already I can see the wealth of information on this site. I'm looking forward to learning and contributing anything I can as I'm sure there are many similar methodologies to what I already know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts