The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone - My name is Geoff and I'm from the Pocono Mountains in Northeastern Pennsylvania. I've been keeping fish for just 3 years and have had some experience with planted tanks in the past. I had a 29 gallon low and medium light tank and a 5 gallon low light betta tank. For various reasons those tanks are no longer running, but I do currently have a 36 gallon bowfront community tank and a 10 gallon betta tank. Both are fake-planted.

I am in the process of setting up a 10 gallon planted shrimp tank, and because of this, I decided to check out this forum and become a member. I've heard great things about The Planted Tank at FishLore and have checked out some threads as a guest in the past. The shrimp tank is only going to be a low light tank without any complex set-ups or intricate fertilization regimens, but I figured it can't hurt to still get advice from the experts!

Thanks for having me and see yas around!

~Geoff

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Welcome Geoff,no experience with low tech shrimp tank but when you get started ask questions before getting to involved and the"experts" who do have the knowledge will chime in with some good advice. Keep it simple.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Geoff,no experience with low tech shrimp tank but when you get started ask questions before getting to involved and the"experts" who do have the knowledge will chime in with some good advice. Keep it simple.
I just posted a thread here.

I have the tank running, but it isn't scaped or anything. Plants are on the way, shrimp will only be ordered once the scaping is done.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
HEY! And a welcome from Bushkill. Since just about the whole Northeast part of the state calls itself the Poconos, we could be neighbors or be a county and a half away, lol! No shrimp here, but you found the right place for help and eye candy for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HEY! And a welcome from Bushkill. Since just about the whole Northeast part of the state calls itself the Poconos, we could be neighbors or be a county and a half away, lol! No shrimp here, but you found the right place for help and eye candy for sure.

Hi! I'm down in Stroudsburg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.