The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Bryon and I've been keeping fish of all kinds for around 10 years but just recently got into live plants and this seems like a great place to start. I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all and hopefully be some help once in a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had good luck at petco and petsmart. You just have to go right after they get their shipments in. Fish wise I like fantastic fins in Livonia.

Bump: I've heard good things about fishy bizness up in Farmington but haven't been there yet. Hoping to visit there in a few weeks.

·
Banned
6,196 Posts
Fantastic Fins in Livonia has healthy fish and plants. The store is a bit crowded and doesn't look like much inside, but the owner Dale is a real fish nut and has a great variety of freshwater fish. I drive out of my way to patronage his store. If he doesn't have something he will get it for you.

He also started injecting co2 into his plants tank, and keeps a nice variety now. Better to call ahead and ask what day plants will be delivered, because they sell out pretty quick.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi from over in Grand Haven!

·
Banned
6,196 Posts
Closer to Rochester is Royal Tropical Fish and Bird Haven in Royal Oak. Family owned place that also has a nice selection of fish. I don't get out there often, but it seems like a good local store. Towards the back of the store they have a room with a bunch of large tanks and large fish if you are into that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Royal is good if the owners is there. If not the tanks look pretty bad and his sister is very rude

I'm mostly into small tanks. Right now I have a 10 gallon if you look into started a thread in low tech for it. Having some minor issues with it

Went to fantastic fins today and got 10 habrosus Corydoras for my 10 gallon to live with my 5 assorted nerite snails, assassin snail and 2 African dwarf frogs and my betta if he recovers from torn fins :( if he does not I'm not sure what else I'd put in this tank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.