The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! :3

Just wanted to post a quick introduction as I just registered today!

I'm a young adult, who just got her first salaried job! Since I'm about to have some extra money, I decided to pick the aquarium hobby back up, and to do it right this time! I've previously kept fish in tanks that didn't have live plants and weren't cycled. This will be my first go at a fully cycled, and planted set up!

I'm currently in the planning stages of a 10 gallon planted nano set up. I've been utilizing mostly this forum, and bettafish.com as a source of information. Alabama doesn't exactly have a plethora of LFS :( However, so far the information I've gleaned from online forums has been amazing!

I'm sure I'll be posting questions around, and I just want to say that I really appreciate any advice I can get! I'm really wanting to learn as much as possible, and to do things right the first time!!

Anyways, hi :3 and thanks for any future help!! :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Welcome- I am a "fairly" newcomer to this forum. It has been an incredible wealth of information and a very wide variety of topics. Everyone has been super helpful and understanding. Even with my "dumb" (I know there are no dumb questions) questions.

Bump: Welcome- I am a "fairly" newcomer to this forum. It has been an incredible wealth of information and a very wide variety of topics. Everyone has been super helpful and understanding. Even with my "dumb" (I know there are no dumb questions) questions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the board!

Im from your neck of the woods too. :red_mouth
omg hiiiii! :D so excited to meet someone else from this area! question - do you know of any decent LFS in our area? I'd be willing to drive out to Nashville if I haaaad to lol

·
Planted Tanker
5,996 Posts
For plants...not really. Most places will have a few common species, even the big chains, but it's usually hit or miss. The for sale forum here is a great place to get plants.

For fish there is The Aquarium Shop in Huntsville

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For plants...not really. Most places will have a few common species, even the big chains, but it's usually hit or miss. The for sale forum here is a great place to get plants.

For fish there is The Aquarium Shop in Huntsville
I went in there the other day actually! They had a great selection. Sort of wish it had been a bit brighter and a bit cleaner but I suppose when compared to the big chains its about the same.

I really wish we had a better selection of LFS around here. If there can be a church on every corner, and sports stores EVERYWHERE, I should get more fishy stores :grin2:

Reactions: burr740

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome!

Online forums are the best, let me tell ya'. I've been on-again off-again with this hobby for many years and it is so nice to be able to find the "old forums" still there to help catch you up to date. Always full of helpful/knowledgeable people.

Fellow hobbyists have always been the best source of plants for me. The For Sale forum is great here, plus you usually can see a photo of exactly what they will send you (not typical for most online retailers).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts