The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My name is Curt and I am a beginner of planted tanks and continue to learn as I upkeep my 30 Gallon tank. I have just purchased a 90 Gallon Tank and stand for $100, my plan is to set this up as a planted tank with Co2. With the new tank I am going to take my time do a lot of research and do this right.

I hope to learn a lot from everyone on this site, I am very excited!:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Hi Curt,

Welcome to TPT! On this forum you should be able to find all the information you need to set up a successful planted tank along with friendly folks that will help when you get stuck. You might also want to check out the S.C.A.P.E. website, they have a more local forum and hold meetings mostly in the LA area. If you are in the Bay Area you might want to check out B.A.P.S (Bay Area Plant Society), they also hold meeting but I have checked out their website or forum.

-Roy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all! Stocking this tank I am going to transfer the fish I have currently in my 30 Gallon which are Blue Ram Cichlids, Gold head Blue Ram, Inspector Algae Eater. So I have to do some research on best plants to keep with these type of fish because they will be my main focus in the new tank that I am setting up. Also anyone know why my plants are starting to wilt/curl, and turning spotted yellow? I have been dosing 2 times a week with flourish with a weekly water change of 10% and temp is 78-80. I heard that is lack of potassium.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Thanks all! Stocking this tank I am going to transfer the fish I have currently in my 30 Gallon which are Blue Ram Cichlids, Gold head Blue Ram, Inspector Algae Eater. So I have to do some research on best plants to keep with these type of fish because they will be my main focus in the new tank that I am setting up. Also anyone know why my plants are starting to wilt/curl, and turning spotted yellow? I have been dosing 2 times a week with flourish with a weekly water change of 10% and temp is 78-80. I heard that is lack of potassium.
Hi cmurraydesigns,

Those are some nice looking Rams (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi / Butterfly Cichlids) that you have there! I too like Rams and have six of the regular Rams that are about 18 months old in a 20 gallon.

Since Mikrogeophagus ramirezi are from the Rio Orinoco drainage basin of the llanos, a vast savannah spanning the lowlands of both Venezuela and Colombia why not choose some South American plants along with other species and attempt a variation of a biotope? The Rams soft, acid water and warmer temperatures (80ish) so you have a lot of plant varieties to chose from.

How to Create An Orinoco River Fish Habitat
Biotope Aquarium Design Contest 2013. Quality test results | ??? ??? ?????????, ?????????? ? ????? Check out the Llanos of Venezuela biotope; about 9 biotopes down.

Mikrogeophagus ramirezi / Blue Rams as juvies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.