The Planted Tank Forum banner

Hello Canadian Aquascapers!

11K views 50 replies 30 participants last post by  Nebthet78 
#1 ·
Hello?

This seems to be a veeerrrrry quiet forum ....

Does anyone Scape in Canada anymore?

If you do why don't we connect and breath life into this place again!

#9 ·
#8 ·
@smelly @mich @sorepatrol68 @stevee22

Hello everyone!

So glad that there are some peeps out there :)

Sorry I have not responded for a bit Busy busy setting up my tank and no time to waste.

Plus other responsibilities .....

I see a lot of us are new to the site. do you all have journals? Or pics of your tanks? I would love to see them.

#12 ·
Howdy from Vancouver also! Pretty new to the hobby and have just survived (hopefully) my first fiasco. A bit over a month with my first tank. Who knew that (proper) fishkeeping was so much physical labour. Totally worth it though.

Journal in my signature! But here is a picture of my tank (before it turned highlighter green... yeah). Everything still has a lot of growing to do.

#13 ·
Hi there,
Just so you newcomers know, this forum is extremely popular and has the largest world-wide membership of any aquatic forum that I know of, many very active.
It generally gets an average of several hundreds of posts each & every day, so it's not in any way a 'quiet' forum.
There will usually be a host of new posts every hour of a normal day.

This forum also has many expert aquarist members who devote a good deal of time answering questions and giving informative & accurate advice to many new fish-keepers. Contribute and you'll be rewarded with great information.

#19 · (Edited)
I think it's just fun to see how many Canadians are out there enjoying the hobby, no biggie, speaking of Canadian hobbyists is anyone going to the CAOAC convention in Hamilton

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
So far so good, i should be there, my local club just released that they will subsidize the traveling expense cost for carded members, awesome gesture!

#22 ·
Fortunately I'm only a couple hours drive. My local club has sponsored one of the speakers, my wife and I will be there we went last year in London and had a blast! speakers, room sales, auction and a bonus trip to a sweet fish room for a tour! But anywho I will post some pics of some of my tanks later when I get home. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Hello from Winnipeg! I've been back into the hobby for a few months now and have two tinted/blackwater aquariums on the go, one a 35-gallon SE Asian-themed blackwater setup, and one unheated 20-gallon tank for my apple snails and White Cloud Mountain minnows. I'm big on low-tech, DIY solutions.

#35 ·
*gives this thread a good kick*

Hello from Montreal! Been in the hobby ten years or so, since a friend randomly gave me his old 10 gallon. Up to 7+ tanks now eek. I keep telling my husband that's it's cheaper than hoarding shoes or collecting trinkets but some days I'm not sure that's true ;)

#36 ·
LOL I agree! My husband complains that I keep saying just one more thing for the tank...

I'm from just outside Fredericton, New Brunswick btw :) Nice to meet everyone here :grin2:

Gwen

#41 ·
I'm from Vancouver, having lived across Canada for many years, and have been fish-keeping, on & off, for over 50 years, since I was just a kid.
I've concentrated on discus-keeping in planted tanks, again on & off, since I first kept & learned about discus in Singapore well over 30 years ago.
Have been a member here almost 10 years, and in retirement, have devoted myself to helping other aquarists in any way I can, to keep out of trouble making newbie mistakes, especially with discus, maintaining planted tanks, and keeping discus in them successfully.

So anyone, with any questions whatsoever, please fire away & I'll do my best to answer them as honestly as I can !
I'm here daily, and will to my best to help out promptly and to the best of my knowledge & experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.