The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Bel, I am a new owner of a 20L tank which contains 1 male Betta and 7 guppies it’s heated to 26 degrees celcius and since the guppies have been introduced I’ve noticed the plant life isn’t as vibrant as it once was (I have Java Moss in the tank as well as a pinkish purple plant - Alternanthera Reineckii Mini) I bought an aquarium prop (acrylic/silicone) coral structure but since threading the Java moss on the prop it seems to be fading in vibrancy to a dull colour hence why I’m here so I can (the tank and fish were an early Xmas gift from a dear dear friend) so wanting to keep it healthy and thriving - the pet shop said to use a fertiliser called flourish on the plants but I’ve been reading some of the comments as the pet shop also told me the plants need up to 15hrs of light I’m using a LED lamp so it’s possibly I’m overdoing it with the light being on all day from morning to sundown.. I’m also switching from gravel to a sand base as I’ve read the sand is healthier for the fish etc and would help anchor the plants a little better — so yes I’m a newbie kind of to the plant life aspect of a tank set up — and it’s been so long since I’ve had a running aquarium I felt coming to a forum would be an amazing start and education to doing my plants the safest and most pleasant of experiences in the tank..
thanking you in Advance 🙂

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.