The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to introduce myself. My name is Junior and I have dabbled in aquariums off and on since being a young teen. Unfortunately never had much luck. I have had both fresh and salt aquariums. I attempted a planted aquarium once many years back. It was a 72 gallon bowfront. I had ordered plants via the web and they were enroute via air on September 11, 2001. Guess you can figure out the shape they were in when I received them. My current aquarium is a Coralife Biocube 29 gallon set up as a saltwater aquarium. I am transitioning it to a freshwater planted tank. Hope to have better luck this time. If this works out would love a larger tank, maybe 70 to 100 gallon. We will see. Look forward to gaining some additional knowledge from those of you on the site who are more knowledgeable than I am. My adventure starts this weekend when I break down the saltwater aquarium and clean it up. Take care all and have a great day. Jr.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looking to do a planted community tank. Just something to look at and enjoy. You know de-stress a little, that is why I want to try freshwater again. Particularly like the standards, guppies, mollies, swords, angels, etc. Still trying to determine for sure how I want to go. It will be a work in progress.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I also have a 29 gallon heavily planted tank. I use inert sand with root tabs and I dose the water column with liquid fertilizers and carbon. I keep 6-10 otocinclus catfish, and 8 Cory catfish, and I'm getting red wag platys this weekend which are red obviously and will really stand out great in a heavily planted tank. I also use an aquatic life marquis t5 ho (2 bulb) light fixture AND an Elive LED modular track light for a better appearance. I have many different plant species but all of them are generally labeled as beginner plants( high light or low light though,) and I've been pretty successful. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions throughout your experience.

-->Max

An old picture from when I first completed the tank. I now have even more plants that are more grown in.

-->Max

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.