The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I used to be a member of this forum about 5 years ago when I first started keeping planted aquariums. I had to break my tanks down for university and store them for a couple years, but now I have two of them set up again and they are going great. I have an extensive knowledge of biology and chemistry, and I look at aquariums much like a living research experiment. Given a set of parameters, results will vary! :wink2: As I know we have all experienced.

Unlike most people, I prefer nano sized aquariums and have never kept a tank over 11 gallons. I specialize in the nature aquarium style, with a strong focus on the ebb and flow within the aquarium. Let me know if you have any questions about me or about your aquarium! :grin2:

Cheers,

Jared

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Welcome back to the hobby Jared!

Looking forward to you sharing any sort of scientific explanations of how things actually work in this hobby we are all in!Science always interests me.

What's "ebb" stand for? By "flow", do you mean literal water flow, or a vibe that everything naturally fits together as one? haha :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's "ebb" stand for? By "flow", do you mean literal water flow, or a vibe that everything naturally fits together as one? haha :)
Good question.

Well "ebb and flow" is a saying we use in Colorado to sort of describe life. Ebb generally being the tough things, and flow being the easy things. I apply ebb in aquariums in regards to the hardscape and the animals, each being tough in their different respects. The flow is the water, the plants, and the microorganisms. The ebb and flow come together to produce a unique result that you see when you gaze into the incredible underwater world before you.

It's pretty much my aquarium philosophy.

Now the science is a bit more complicated :smile2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
We use "ebb and flow" over here in Pennsylvania too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Lol, never heard "ebb and flow" used before in my area (WA state). First time reading those words on the net as well haha.
"Ebb" an abbreviation for something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts