The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a newbie 馃榿 from the U.K.
I am just cycling a 165L (40G) tank and I am using low tech plants as I am not that green fingered 馃槀
Hoping to learn lots from all of you 馃檪
Planning to stock WCMM , c.habrosus and otos eventually.
Plant Water Vertebrate Botany Pet supply

Registered
Beautiful but do be careful none of these plants are considered easy , have you considered corydoras they would look great in a school of 12

You could add Java fern or anubias those are pretty much immortal

I would consider adding more hardscape and maybe de cluttering a little

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could add Java fern or anubias those are pretty much immortal
Beautiful but do be careful none of these plants are considered easy , have you considered corydoras they would look great in a school of 12
Thank you. 馃榿The plants are mostly ones I have had before apart from the Echinodorus and schismatoglottis prietoi . There is mostly Java moss, a small Anubias, Java fern ( 2 types), aponogeton and a little bit of bucephalandra.
I would love a nice piece of wood and have a week or two to mess around as I am at the nitrites rising stage of cycling but using old filter media so it shouldn鈥檛 take too long 馃

What would you recommend removing/rearranging?

Would love to have something like WCMM, corydoras Habrosus and more otos 馃槉

Registered
Right now it鈥檚 all scattered so I would maybe do just a central island or maybe a corner heavy scape if you know what I am talking about? Also remove the plants from the pot ,if you want to still use the pot bury it partly in the substrate making a simple cave

I highly recommend false julli corys
I have 5 and they are super cute

Start by building a short wall and planting all the plants within the wall ,a super simple scape not too complicated

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now it鈥檚 all scattered so I would maybe do just a central island or maybe a corner heavy scape if you know what I am talking about? Also remove the plants from the pot ,if you want to still use the pot bury it partly in the substrate making a simple cave

I highly recommend false julli corys
I have 5 and they are super cute

Start by building a short wall and planting all the plants within the wall ,a super simple scape not too complicated
Thank you. Will see if I can find some pictures of what you have recommended. 馃槉

Registered
Welcome to TPT!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts