The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i building light fixture for my nano i would like to know what the recommend the space between the water to the lamp?

its a nano cube 30X30X30(CM)?

·
Registered
104 Posts
its a nano cube 30X30X30(CM)?

1" cube tank...now that is nano! And if someone ever pulled it off that would be mind blowing to see!

That tank however would be 30-inches ;) and would do best with a specific 90-degree angle (usually square shaped) LED fixture that can reach minimum 24" depth or more depending on other factors like CO2 etc...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1" cube tank...now that is nano! And if someone ever pulled it off that would be mind blowing to see!

That tank however would be 30-inches ;) and would do best with a specific 90-degree angle (usually square shaped) led fixture that can reach minimum 24" depth or more depending on other factors like co2 etc...
11"

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ah I see...well in that case since I assume you will be using something akin to the stars on aluminum frame so I'd think 10x 1w-leds in 3 rows (3-4-3) and 10"-12" above substrate would be what you're looking to do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do not know that specific led or what it's components are much less it's light spectrum.

Thing with DIY LEDs is they can get expensive fast...or work really poorly when done cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.