The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been soaking up all your expertise for a while but this is my first post. I'm a relative newbie, but have dabbled a bit in aquatic plants, and am now putting together a 36 gallon (UNS 75p) planted tank to be my first higher tech planted tank. But first, I'm designing and building a stand for the tank to fit in a specific location.

As currently designed, the inside of the cabinet measures 21-1/2" tall. I have purchased the Pro-SE series regulator kit from CO2 Art:

I plan to have a 5 lb CO2 tank with the inline diffuser attached to the tubing of my Eheim 2215 filter. The issue is that I don't have the CO2 tank itself yet, and I want to make sure that the regulator and tubing will fit in the space as designed, without kinking the tubing that comes off the bubble counter.

Does anyone currently have the same setup, and can you tell me if you think the 21-1/2" height will be enough? I know the tanks themselves are about 17.5" tall, but not sure how much the regulator and tubing will add to that height. Also, is there any sort of attachment (like an elbow or even just a U-shaped guide) that can be placed on the CO2 tubing leading out of the bubble counter and into the diffuser to prevent kinking without sacrificing efficiency?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi all,

I've been soaking up all your expertise for a while but this is my first post. I'm a relative newbie, but have dabbled a bit in aquatic plants, and am now putting together a 36 gallon (UNS 75p) planted tank to be my first higher tech planted tank. But first, I'm designing and building a stand for the tank to fit in a specific location.

As currently designed, the inside of the cabinet measures 21-1/2" tall. I have purchased the Pro-SE series regulator kit from CO2 Art:

I plan to have a 5 lb CO2 tank with the inline diffuser attached to the tubing of my Eheim 2215 filter. The issue is that I don't have the CO2 tank itself yet, and I want to make sure that the regulator and tubing will fit in the space as designed, without kinking the tubing that comes off the bubble counter.

Does anyone currently have the same setup, and can you tell me if you think the 21-1/2" height will be enough? I know the tanks themselves are about 17.5" tall, but not sure how much the regulator and tubing will add to that height. Also, is there any sort of attachment (like an elbow or even just a U-shaped guide) that can be placed on the CO2 tubing leading out of the bubble counter and into the diffuser to prevent kinking without sacrificing efficiency?

Thanks in advance for your help!
It should just fit fine. The 5lb aluminum tank is overall 17.5" tall but the the bottom of tank to center line of the gas connection is 15.5". I have 2 different bubbles counters but 1 looks identical to the CO2 art. It measures 3.25" overall. The other measured 3.5". Add another .5" for the connection height from bottom of counter to the regulator and at tallest that's 4". So overall height I estimate between 19.25" - 19.5" that should give you 2" for co2 line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should just fit fine. The 5lb aluminum tank is overall 17.5" tall but the the bottom of tank to center line of the gas connection is 15.5". I have 2 different bubbles counters but 1 looks identical to the CO2 art. It measures 3.25" overall. The other measured 3.5". Add another .5" for the connection height from bottom of counter to the regulator and at tallest that's 4". So overall height I estimate between 19.25" - 19.5" that should give you 2" for co2 line.
Thanks so much! I'll stop fretting about the height of the cabinet now, and go back to choosing plants!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts