The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am trying to get everything I need to get my new 75 gallon going and the only thing I have left for my initial setup is a 300w heater. In my current 37 gallon I have a eheim which I’ve been pleased with so far. I was thinking about ordering an eheim e series 300w but am worried it will be too long to mount vertical. Does anyone know if you can mount this particular heater horizontally? Or maybe a different suggestion of heater? I like the fluval m series but can’t really find them anywhere.
Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Most heaters can be mounted horizontal. I have the heater in my 75, positioned horizontal behind a large rock and some plants with an airstone under it. Moves the heat around the tank better than vertical. In hindsight I think I'd go with two smaller heaters if I had to do it again. that way if one fails I have one in there as back up.

Reactions: fallprom2012

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
I would do 2 ehiem jager 250s. I have had good luck with them so far.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't have a 75g, but I do have an ehiem heater and it's worked out for me. That's also what the LFS has in all his tanks. I've read nothing but good things on them. Which is the reason I went with the one I have.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi everyone. I am trying to get everything I need to get my new 75 gallon going and the only thing I have left for my initial setup is a 300w heater. In my current 37 gallon I have a eheim which I’ve been pleased with so far. I was thinking about ordering an eheim e series 300w but am worried it will be too long to mount vertical. Does anyone know if you can mount this particular heater horizontally? Or maybe a different suggestion of heater? I like the fluval m series but can’t really find them anywhere.
Thanks
try a Thermocontrol 200. its about 15" x 1.4"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.