The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i own a 72 gallon waterbox aquarium clear 4820. I have 1 oase 600, and another oase 850. They have both internal heater. The oase 600 have 300 watt, and the big one the oase 850. Have 400 watt. Now i noticed in the morning my water by touch it feels colder than night time when i get back from work. I have both canisters set to 76f. And when j tested my temp with a TDS meter it says 76F. Now my basement have no heat and its always 63F. Somebody mentioned to me that both heater running create fluctuations and just run the 400w to test. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
It is usually difficult to get 2 heaters working together without a controller. I don't know how the Oase heaters work, but if they have separate plugs for the heaters I would get a controller for them. Feeling the water is seldom an accurate way to tell the temp. Depends too much on what your fingers has been through before you dip it in the tank. Could have been cold outside or hot. That skews the feel of the water. You can try just the 400 watt, can't hurt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts